We encourage all families wishing to apply for a place at Smallwood to come and visit the school. Please phone Miss Porter, 0208 672 6024 to arrange a school tour with a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
We currently offer 70 part-time places (35 per session). We offer 15 hours per week as our part-time offer which is made up of 5 half days. Our morning part time places run from 9.00am to 12.00pm and our afternoon part-time places run from 12:30pm to 3:30pm.
For the academic year 2017/18, Smallwood Primary School will no longer be offering free full-time places.
The school will consider applications for the beginning of each academic year for children who have turned 3 prior to 1st September of the academic year in the following order:
- Looked after children and those who ceased to be looked after children because they have been adopted, or because they became subject to a residence order, child arrangements order or a special guardianship order;
- Children with a brother or sister currently attending the school and who will still be at the school when the child is admitted;
- Other children in order of straight line distance from home to school as measured by Wandsworth Council’s Geographical Information System.
For children who turn 3 during an academic year – if places are available, pupils will be offered a part-time place in the Nursery in the term after their 3rd birthday. We will have 2 intakes per year, at the beginning of each term.
Starting dates for Nursery children
- Nursery children have a staggered intake to ensure they settle quickly and have an enjoyable start to their Early Years education.
- Prior to starting, we will come and visit you at home to get to know your child in their own environment. During this visit a member of staff will find out important information about your child and another member of staff will play with your child. You will be informed of your child’s start date during the home visit.
- We will invite you and your child to a number of settling sessions before they start to help them get used to the staff and the Nursery environment.
Starting school in our Reception classes
Admissions into Y1-6
Prospective parents who have moved into the area are invited to make direct contact with the school to arrange a visit and find out more about us. If parents wish to apply for a place they must contact Pupil Services at Wandsworth Council, telephone no. 020 8871 7316, and submit their application direct to them.
Admissions to Secondary Schools
The school will distribute the ‘Guide for Admissions to Secondary School’ to parents of Year 6 children at the start of September and arrange a meeting for parents and children to discuss the process and inform them of key dates for applications.
We hold an information meeting for Year 6 parents in September to provide information about the secondary transfer process- look out for dates on the school calendar.
Open days at secondary schools are held throughout September and the beginning of October and parents are encouraged to attend these events. The completed application forms are to be returned around the middle of October and they must be submitted to Pupil Services at Wandsworth Council. The outcome of the applications are notified in March and appeals generally heard in June.