Maintaining good relationships and clear lines of communication with parents is vital to the
success of Smallwood.
In addition to a weekly newsletter and letters home we also offer.
- Class assemblies – to which all parents of participating classes are invited
- Meet the teacher – at the start of each academic year in September
- Class bulletins – termly outline of the class topic for that term, and links to all other areas of the curriculum.
- Parents’ evenings – once a term
- Written report – at the end of the school year
- Text messages - for helpful reminders or urgent news/requests we use text messages
- Twitter– for information about what children have been learning / taking part in
Confidential letters are sent directly to parents via post or email.
Parents and carers should ensure that the school office always has your current email address and/or mobile phone number so that you don't miss out on vital information.