PE and Sports Premium 2016/2017
What is the PE and Sports Premium and why has it been introduced?
In April 2013 the Government announced an extra £150 million funding for PE and sport with the aim of improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision in primary schools. Since September 2013, Ofsted has been actively considering the effectiveness with which this funding has been spent. The impact of the funding is assessed in the following ways:
- Achievements across the PE curriculum
- Increased participation in competitive school sport.
- Personal health and wellbeing amongst pupils.
- Improved learning behaviour within PE in school.
Increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels of which they are capable. We receive an £9000 lump sum. The planned use of the PE and sport funding at Smallwood will be effective in improving and sustaining high quality PE and sports provision. In the last academic year the funding was used to support the appointment of a PE teacher, ensuring all classes had access to high quality provision.
How we plan to spend the funding in the academic year 2017 / 2018
We are continuing to develop the PE provision through:
- Continuing the swimming provision for all Year 1 and Year 3 pupils.
- Providing specialist PE teacher for all classes.
- Developing the extra-curricular provision further providing new experiences for all pupils.