Smallwood is a wonderful school where pupils are encouraged and supported to achieve their potential and to develop skills for learning, life and work.
In our school, we aim for all children to experience success in their learning, to develop confidence in themselves, to make effective contributions to their school and community, and take responsibility for their own actions and to care about the environment.
Our core values are:
Achieve, Challenge, Ambition, Inspire, Honest, Respect, Enjoyment, Trust.
The illustration below demonstrates how our school motto of ‘Learning Together Learners for Life’ supports the hardworking and collaborative ethos at Smallwood where we have high aspirations of all our staff and pupils.
At Smallwood we aim to:
- Provide excellent experiences for everyone in a safe and caring environment.
- Ensure everyone is attaining and achieving through a creative curriculum, inspiring lifelong learning.
- Ensure the unique diversity of everyone is recognised and valued in our inclusive school.
- Develop confidence, self-belief and sense of worth through celebrating achievements.
- Create a strong sense of community with mutual respect and working effectively in partnership.
- Ensure our children are equipped with skills for learning, life and work.